Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Wonder of Rose -- Love, Trust and Self-acceptance

Ah yes, we have been feeling the rise of Rose, cupped in the grounded beauty of Frankincense -- rising, delicately out of the deep aromatic base of Frank -- Rose has been showing her sweet budding presence -- ever so gently, ever so slowly.  Ah, yes, she has always been there -- and today she emerges inside of my heart.   A great sage once said:  "The Heart is the Hub of all Sacred Places... go there and roam."  I awoke this morning -- lying in bed -- feeling the void feeling I was with last nite -- as I contemplated the "sadhana (or journey) of the heart".  I was having trouble grasping the heart -- "what is the heart" I was saying to myself.  As I lay there with my eyes opened -- the Sage's words came clear as a bell (and I was having so much trouble remembering the full phase for a long time).  "Sacred Places!!!!" I suddenly remebered!! Yes! -- when I mentioned the loss of my lover -- a friend remarked:  "Oh my!  Sacred Wounds!"  -- it struck me -- the sacredness of our experience of life! -- that, what I was experiencing, is the sacredness of my journey -- could I be present to that?

I felt a movement stir in my chest -- I thought of the magnificant Rose oil -- known as "the Queen of Flowers" -- but more than that, Rose -- the gentle, exquistite, sweetness of its aroma -- gently touches the heart, calming, nourishing the heart -- and powerfully connecting our individual heart to the Supreme Self -- the Great Light of Conciousness.  The sweet budding of Rose began to unlock something in my heart!  Oh my!  could we ever understand all the aspects of Rose, of the Heart?  So sublime, so complex -- but the exquiteness of Rose, began to connect me in my heart -- something began to awaken, to remember.

What began to unfold was so profound, I was speechless!  We have two hearts!  Indeed!! On the individual level is the center of our feelings, thoughts, sensations, memories and past impressions --the psychic instrument in the physical body. This heart makes us experience ourselves as individuals with distinct characteristics and personalities. Sages speak of purifying this heat "piercing the knot" -- that the heart must be completely purified in the fire of grace".   On the Spirtual level, we are told of the tiny "heart" next to our physical heart -- called, in Sanskrit the "Anahata" which means the "unstruck sound".  This is the sound of Conciousness -- the Great Void, the Great Silence of the Supreme Light.  When I allow that quiet space to arise within - Rose begins my journey of the heart.  (see why cedarwood and orange oil came up first in this blog?! -- go back and read it if you do not remember.)  My Teacher once said:  "Approach teh Present with your Heart's consent. Make it a Blessed Event".  So this is the purification of my heart.  Thank you precious Rose.  We will speak more on the complexity of the oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment